Sunday, March 14, 2010

easing in....


Slowly easing my way back into shooting...it's been 8 months of not picking up a camera, other than the product photography (jewelry, t-shirts etc)....I've decided to finish the tattoo project I had started last year - originally meant to be a three photographer book....I'm likely to publish myself...taking my sweet ass time to shoot people I'm comfortable with and actually like....and I have chosen to shoot men and couples in addition to what I've already shot

....zero time table as to the finish. My website now has some samples of what will be published.

Why did I stop? It's all connected to the heart. The layoff came from my last GF (we dont mention her name) deciding my photography made her 'uncomfortable'. The amusing part is that she is an experienced model (and although she's looking much older, a phenomenol model nonetheless), who has no problem being nude in front of the camera, and has shot much racier stuff than I ever have, or will (fucking herself with toys, forced orgasm videos, getting fucked by other chicks on video)...

....and yet, I stopped for her....silly, I know, but I still did. It meant more to me to NOT have issues clouding the relationship, and this issue I COULD control (unlike so many of the other issues we had), so it was easy to stop. I didn't miss it to be honest. It was never a big deal to me.

So, after the long layoff ..I picked up the camera again last week...and well...it felt normal. I wasn't overjoyed or anything...it was just normal.....like breathing. I had some ring rust (mostly gear issues)....but Gabrielle and I work well together, very laid back.....no real plans other than to create something we both could use....

and so slowly I turn...step by step, inch by inch...


In other news....KINK magazine is picking up one of my images for publication, and I finally did get a copy of NUDE magazine, which has a few images of my underwater work....I'm pleased with two of the three images. Congrats to Alison, big ups to Mysha, and well...a fuck you.

So, stay tuned, I'll post new stuff as I go....

Best,
Stu
www.stuartphotography.com

1 comment:

Bria Tigh said...

So glad your shooting hot people again! I too have been in a non shooting mood. I gotta get out of it.
Your so fraking good at what you do! Thank you for sharing!